Thursday 2 May 2013

Individual Milestone

My Major Milestone

From this project I wish to achieve my goal in showing the different aspects of construction in a building model. To do this I set myself a number of goals and my group members some tasks to complete.

I spent a fair amount of time researching the BCA about timber framing, stairs, brick work, plumbing and other parts of construction.

I then modelled a timber stud wall and timber floor that I uploaded to our wiki for our group to work off. Chinatsu edited the walls and floor and put them in the building.

I modelled some small construction detail parts that we could use in our model.

I modelled a small basic building and exported it into cryengine 3, and made a flowgraph that made construction disappear and reappear showing other types of construction within the walls and floor.

I resized the materials that our team member Laleh had found, and also found other materials to add to our building.

We have a presentation on Conflict in week 10. I started working on the presentation early on in the process, around about a month before we have to do it, so that we are not in a rush and avoid conflict in the process.

Images of the Construction parts I modelled are:







I modelled these parts to show how the construction elements are held together. I modelled the Veneer Tie so that it can be placed on the timber stud walls and slide into where the mortar would be in the brick wall.
I modelled the  Joist Hanger to show how the timber floor construction is held together.

Images of the timber stud wall I modelled:




I modelled the timber framing of a timber stud wall, including the top plate, bottom plate, gyprock and steel bracing. This was to help us get an idea on how the timber framing is made.

Images of the timber floor I modelled:











I modelled a timber floor structure. Modelling the floor beams and joists. I also modelled the timber floor and the bottom wall plates around the edge of the floor.

The trial video of my trial model:

This was the video I made earlier showing some of the construction elements vanish, showing the construction inside the walls and floor.

Material Images I resized:

Brick Wall

Concrete

Timber Floorboards

Gyprock

Tin Roof

Steel framing

Steel reinforcing

Waterproofing

 Timber Framing

All the Materials

Presentation on Conflict

I started laying out the presentation on conflict early on in the assignment stage. Daniel and myself did some research on types of conflict, causes, conflict resolution and cast studies on conflict.

My role in the Group

I am the group leader. I made the decisions on what we would want to show in our model and got the group started on researching those parts of construction in the BCA.
As my role as group leader, I should know what all other people in my group are working on so no work is being doubled up, so I spread the work out and gave different jobs to do.

Image References

Images I collected.

Deck Unit Website in the Hanging Joists Tab (Accessed 03/05/2013)

Veneer Tie (Accessed 03/05/2013)

Tarpaulin Texture  (Accessed 29/04/2013)

Steel Reinforcing Texture Texture number 2 (Accessed 29/04/2013)

Floorboard Material Timbermax spotted gum Timber Flooring, altered colour in photoshop. (Accessed 29/04/2013)

Gyprock Texture (Accessed 29/04/2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment